The United Nations’ moral and ethical compass has been broken since its inception. Proof of this has been evident throughout the decades as the world witnessed the Oil For Food Scandal, the rape of African women by U.N. Peacekeepers, the installation of Iran on the U.N.’s Commission on the Status of Women and basically the Afro-Asian Third World wields most of the power at the U.N. and these governments routinely violate human rights and engage in corruption. So it really comes as no surprise that they are standing against Israel in the Gaza Flotilla incident that took place a couple of weeks ago. Next week the U.N., with American support, will set up an independent commission to investigate Israel’s behavior. U.N., investigate this:
- Right before China hosted the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, the Chinese government imprisoned over one thousand Tibetan monks from the three main monasteries around Lhasa to prevent protests. There were several executions following the Tibetan protests and indoctrination camps were set up that required monks and nuns to pass examinations on political texts, agree that Tibet is historically a part of China and denounce the Dalai Lama.
- North Korea attacked and sank a 300-ft South Korean warship named Cheonan with a torpedo killing 46 men in March 2010. There was no serious response from the United Nations.
- This week Taliban militants executed a seven year old boy for spying on behalf of the government. He apparently provided information on the location of a bomb.
- Name your African genocide: Rwanda, Eastern Congo, Northern Uganda, Darfur, Ethiopia under Dergue Regime, Sierra Leone and the list goes on.
- Name your Muslim human rights violation (particularly on females): 60 to 140 million women have suffered genital mutilation, homosexuals are hung in the streets of Iran, Nada is gunned down in the streets of Iran along with other protestors, raped women need four witnesses to prevent being stoned to death and the list goes on.
- Iran has underground nuclear installations and is attempting to assemble nuclear weapons.
- Hugo Chavez’s human rights violations.
And even more specifically, the United Nations should be investigating Turkey’s involvement in the Gaza Flotilla. Several dozen acitivists were aboard the ship flying under the Turkish flag. Reports have surfaced that no humanitarian supplies were found on this boat, but plenty of weapons were. And dozens of videos reveal “peace” activists preparing weapons and using them, unprovoked, against the Israeli Defense Forces. An unbiased, common sense approach would lead anyone to realize that Israel was defending their country and that they have a right to do that. No investigation needed. Particularly an investigation conducted by a corrupt organization that does not even allow Israel to vote.